Friday, January 21, 2011

Today

This is my face:

This is the side of my face:

(And that is my tiny, messy, sometimes impractical-to-actually-cook-in kitchen)
This is what I did today:
Made and baked bread for 5 hours with Daniel Broomba-kini... really, so great.
This is what I'm doing right now:
Cleaning my whole house.
Here's why:

Clare Shanley is coming tomorrow (with boyfriend in tow)
This is what we're doing:
Dancing to Indian music, using our fingers,hands,shoulders. Dingadinga
These are 5 things I love about Clare:
-She is so knowledgeable! about history, politics, movies/books/music, saints, life (as in, "Today is June 3, so it's the feast day of the Martyrs of Uganda, you know like the ones Damian talks to in Danny Boyle's Millions)
-She is so fun! because she is the right mix of spontaneous and lazy (as in "let's go drive around in this lightening storm and eat oreos")
-She is so inspirational! because she's shaped her life to return to those waiting for her in Lesotho/Africa/et al
-She is so practical! she is the voice of reason in my messy life/brain (as in, Melissa- don't drop out of college...)
-She is so good friend! (<--??) because she calls, and cares, and laughs-til-ya-can't-breathe (she brings me groceries!!! when she comes to visit, are you serious! great.)
These are things to be excited about:
Dr. Dog and Yann Tiersen. Jan 28th and Feb 15th.
All Around Good Vibes.
It will be warmer in 2 and 1/2 more months.
Accordions

No comments:

Post a Comment