Monday, April 11, 2011

St.Clare of Yorktown

A conversation with Clare:

Clare: I think I'm going to hike Mount Everest
Me: Have you been reading Into Thin Air?
Clare: No, I just watched this tv show on it, and I think I can do it.
Me: Clare... Mount Everest is... like... known to be the hardest hike in the world.
Clare: No, it's the tallest mountain in the world, but I don't think it's the hardest. I mean in this show these people weren't even that intense, they just had $40,000. I think later in life I might have $40,000 to hike Mount Everest.
Me: Yea, I mean, I guess you could totally hike Mount Everest.
Clare: Yea. I'll be up there and say, "This is like cross-country skiing....except easier!"
Me: or, "This is just like that time on the treadmill at the gym... except easier!"
Clare: or, "This is just like that time I went to go get the mail... except easier!"
Me: or, "This is just like that time I read that one book about love and loss...except easier!"


So. If you know any good Sherpas, please inform myself and I will pass the information along to Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment